CTAL’s mission is to empower the campus community of educators to engage in
high-quality teaching, learning, and assessment for all of UD’s students.
We are available all year for consultations and walk-in conversations in our office (212 Gore Hall).
Please check our calendar for upcoming events/workshops.
- June 5 thru 7, 2018 – Course Design Institute (CDI) is a personalized course design experience where you will be supported by Faculty Commons Partners staff and other workshop participants to create a new course or revise an existing one. You must have a specific course in mind when you attend this workshop. Seating will be limited and on a first-come-first-served basis. Register here. Note: Colleagues who have participated in a previous CTAL course design workshop or institute are not eligible to attend (but course design alumni are of course welcome to contact us for consultations and one-on-one assistance!).
- May 30-31, 2018 Summer Institute on Teaching Registration is open!
- On April 26, 2018, the University of Delaware Writing Center will be hosting Dr. Neal Lerner, Director of the Writing Program at Northeastern University and prominent scholar in the field of composition studies. Dr Lerner will offer a hands-on workshop for faculty from all disciplines, and an invited talk for the whole campus community. For more information, visit our events page or register here.
21st Annual Best Teachers International Institute June 26-28, 2018 New York City Area – A Three-day international institute based on Ken Bain‘s award-winning and best selling book What the Best College Teachers Do* (Harvard University Press, 2004) and James Lang‘s best selling Small Teaching (Jossey-Bass, 2016).
- NEW! Teaching Tips Video: Stop, Start, Continue is a simple and effective way to get student feedback at any point in your course. View video here.
- We have collected some of our favorite teaching and learning resources. These resources were provided on small USB drives to faculty during New Faculty Orientation and are available to everyone here.