Upcoming Grant Opportunities
January 15, 2017: Provost’s Initiative for Excellence and Innovation in E-Learning
January 15, 2017: Call for Proposals: Special Collections
January 16, 2017: IHRC Collections-Based Courses
By popular demand, Dr Rose Muravchick and Dr Sophie le Blanc are offering a re-run of their workshop “Creating Inclusive Classroom Communities,” previously offered during Keep Calm and Teach On in late August. In this workshop all instructors are prompted to think about how to create an inclusive classroom and respond to issues tied to current events in an inclusive manner.
- Session I – Oct 27 from 10:00-11:00AM in the Faculty Commons (Pearson 116)
- Session II – Oct 27 from 2:00-3:00PM in the Faculty Commons (Pearson 116)
Please register here if you plan to attend.
CTAL is offering assistance with re-certifying your multicultural courses. We will offer two sessions of consultations on October 20th to help you through the process.
- Session I- Oct. 20 from 10:00-11:00 in Room 107 Memorial Hall
- Session II- Oct. 20 from 2:00-3:00 in Room 048 Memorial Hall
If you wish to have a personal consultation, please email CTALfirstname.lastname@example.org or call 302-831-2027 to schedule an appointment.
- We have produced a special edition of our podcast tackling the issue of difficult conversations in the classroom. Give it a listen!
The resources mentioned in the podcast can be found here.
As always, we welcome feedback on the podcast. Please fill out this survey after listening! Thank you.
- We have collected some of our favorite teaching and learning resources. We have mailed these resources on small USB drives to contingent faculty who are teaching in the fall but these resources are available to everyone here.
- The fifth episode of our podcast on our First Friday Roundtable from December 2nd is available now!
Please fill out this survey to let us know what you think of this podcast!
The Center for Teaching & Assessment of Learning (CTAL) facilitates and fosters high-quality teaching, learning, and assessment for the campus community of educators.