We facilitate and foster high quality teaching, learning, and assessment for the campus community of educators.
We envision a learner-centered university where everyone values learning, rewards high quality teaching, and constantly advances our understanding and practices of both.
- We believe that teaching, learning, and assessment are inextricably linked.
- We believe that teaching is a skill that can be developed and informed by knowledge, research, and reflection.
- We believe that high quality teaching can be recognized and should be rewarded and celebrated.
- We believe that learning is the essential outcome and purpose of teaching.
- We believe that the best learning occurs when guided by educators who continually assess their students’ and their own development, skills, and knowledge.
- We believe that the best learning occurs with engaged participants who bring and respect diverse perspectives.
- We believe that the university most effectively understands and improves teaching, learning, and assessment when experts with diverse interests and backgrounds collaborate.
The University of Delaware is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and Title IX institution. For the University’s complete non-discrimination statement, please visit http://www.udel.edu/home/legal-notices/
To set up an appointment for any of our services, or to learn more about how CTAL can support your department of college, call our office at (302) 831-2027 or email CTALfirstname.lastname@example.org .
Consultations are one-on-one, confidential sessions with a member of our staff. We can provide support for all aspects of your teaching including helping you to devlop a new course, or create rubrics and assessments.
We perform classroom observations for those who wish to receive detailed feedback. The observation process begins with a preliminary consultation Click on this link to schedule the preliminary meeting. https://delaware.ca1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cHIRkXuYErOfEj3
Whether you are preparing your tenure file, or just starting out as an instructor, our staff can help you create a plan to document your teaching and create a portfolio that documents excellence in instruction.
Assessment & Student Feedback
CTAL works with instructors to create innovative assessment tools, supported by the research in the science of learning. We can also help you illicit student feedback throughout the semester.
Grants and Grant Consultation
CTAL offers travel grant for instructors to attend conferences to enrich their teaching, learning, and assessment strategies. See this link to learn more: http://ctal.udel.edu/advancing-faculty-careers/current-rfp/
Library and Online Resources
In our offices you will find an extensive library of books on teaching and assessment. In addition, we are constantly building and refining our online tools (such as the syllabus creator) that we make available to instructors.