Spring 2022 Professional Learning Community
Promoting Student Success in High-Enrollment Courses
Goals for this PLC
- To engage in a collective inquiry around potential challenges that impact first-year and second-year students’ success in large, foundational courses
- To learn from each other’s experience, and from selected resources, possible course design or teaching strategies that can be implemented to help all students be successful learners
Dates and location of meetings
PLC meetings will run for 8 consecutive weeks from March 1st – April 30th (except for Spring break). Meetings are an hour long and will be held primarily by Zoom. The days and times of the meetings will be determined based on participants availability.
Expectations of Participants
- Attend a minimum of 6 of the 8 meetings
- Prepare for the meeting discussion by reviewing any shared content (~30 min commitment)
- Share with the group at the last meeting, at least 1 strategy that will be implemented in their future teaching and potential ways to assess it’s impact
Compensation and Recognition
Participants will receive:
- A formal letter documenting their participation which may be included in a dossier for seeking promotion and tenure
- And a professional development stipend of $1500 (S-contract).